This question has been flagged

I'm trying to translate the default name for Purchase Order (in purchase order creation form) from "New" to "NEU" (English to German), I tried to do that in a new module and i included the purchase module in the manifest file .

The translation should work when i update my module , however it does not work.

I tried this 

#. module: purchase
#: code:addons/purchase/models/purchase.py:77
#: code:addons/purchase/models/purchase.py:158
#, python-format
msgid "New"
msgstr "Neu"
and this 
#. module: purchase
#:model:ir.model.fields,field_description:purchase.field_purchase_order__default_name
msgid "New"
msgstr "Neu"

NOTE : I have already installed German language and i'm already using it, most of the translation terms are working except this one.
any solution ??

Discard
Best Answer

Have you installed german language? You should do this with translated terms. In developer mode go to Settings ->Translations -> Translated Terms. 
Just a question... have you set the language to german on your user. Translations are based on the users language selection.

Discard
Author

Hello Samo,

Yes i have installed German language and i'm already using it in my odoo app, most of the translation terms are working fine except the one i mentioned above in the post.

Search for the term in Translated Terms and look there for the translation and change it. Than go into Languages and click on the icon for Update Terms. Sometimes it does not translate the terms when you update the translation with a module.

Author

I did that too but no result ....