This question has been flagged
4 Replies

File 'en_US_T.csv' not imported due to format mismatch or a malformed file. (Valid formats are .csv, .po, .pot) Technical Details: value too long for type character varying(64)

Discard
Author Best Answer

There are several in the translation csv. There are some lines that have paragraphs and paragraphs, particularily some sample data relating to some internal newsletter. I've used the load translations method of updating the translations and that seemed to be a workaround.

I've changed translations without downloading and uploading by doing the following:

Settings > Translations > Translated Terms

Then using the search in the upper right corner, then entering new translation values in the column Translation Value, and then hitting save.

Discard
Best Answer

This is a PostgreSQL error - Odoo is trying to insert more than 64 characters into a field defined as being limited to 64 characters or less.

Is there a value in the CSV file with more than 64 characters?

Discard
Author

There are several in the translation csv. There are some lines that have paragraphs and paragraphs, particularily some sample data relating to some internal newsletter. I've used the load translations method of updating the translations and that seemed to be a workaround.

Author

I've changed translations without downloading and uploading by doing the following:

Settings > Translations > Translated Terms

Then using the search in the upper right corner, then entering new translation values in the column Translation Value, and then hitting save.