This question has been flagged

I have 100 units of a product, each unit has unique serial number, but if i sell 5 units the system check disponibility assigns the 5 units with his serial numbers to ship. But, i want to check only if there is 5 units, and in the warehouse with barcode scanner decide with 5 units to ship.

Is this posible?

thanks in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Eder,

the tracking by lot or serial in Odoo is a tricky thing. First of all, let me explain why Odoo suggests some 'inappropriate' lots/serials instead of giving you to choose what you want to take.

The system works based on FIFO rule by default. When you create a new SO, the system doesn't reserve quants. It just adds products with QTY 100. Then you confirm the order and quants are reserved. Odoo "looks" at the oldest (FIFO) available quants in the stock location and just reserved them. That is why you can see serial numbers provided by Odoo.

On the web interface, you can easily delete them (click on a - or + in version 8, or basket for version 9/10/11). Then you will be able to take needed serials. Yes, it's not very convenient.

On the other hand, you can use a mobile app like \Ventor (formerly mERP Warehouse). The app connects mobile terminals and phones to Odoo and allows you to do all operations in the warehouse much faster. Using Ventor you don't need to delete the serials/lots. You just can add 5 serials you exactly want.

Hope now the logic of Serials and Lots in Odoo became more clear.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for the answer, but that's not what I need. The problem, is that I already make Full Tracebility to all units, but if i have 100 unit with 100 different serial numbers, when I try to sell 5 units, for example, the systemil will tell me which 5 serial numbers has to be done. 

So if I go to barcode interface, it will not count till i use that 5 serial numbers, so I can't chose which 5 serial number I want to ship, in BARCODE INTERFACE.

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hi I'm having the same question. Is there a solution already for this issue?

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Yes. Install traceability module and then you will have new checkboxes on the product page to select full traceability. After that, the system always asks for the serial number, lot#, etc.

Discard