This question has been flagged
7 Replies

On the invoice I need the total amount in words (i.e. 10 EURO and 50 Cents).

Currently I use the onchange method on the amount_total field. This does converts it into words but is only called once because amount_total is a so-called functional field. This always results in Zero EURO and Zero Cents.

def onchange_amount(self, cr, uid, ids, amount):
    x_text_amount = amount_to_text_en.amount_to_text(amount, 'en', 'EURO')
    return {'value': {'x_text_amount': x_text_amount}}

In account_invoice.py I need to change an existing function to update my new field amount_in_words. I thought I could update this field when the user validates an invoice. However I did not get this working.

I created the following to function already.

def _compute_amount_letter(self):
    self.x_amount_letter=self._get_amount_letter(self.amount_total)

def _get_amount_letter(self,amount):
    return amount_to_text_en(amount) 

Could you please help me how to change/update account_invoice.py - so that my field amount_in_words will be updated when the user validates the invoice / the total amount changes.

Many thanks!

Discard

Did you try by @api.onchange?

Author

Yes. I tried this: @api.depends('amount_total') def test(self): self.x_amount_letter = amount_to_text_en.amount_to_text(self.amount_total, 'en', 'EURO') But it is not triggered yet. Does not update the x_amount_total field. @Bole Yeah I only need it in the printed report.

Author

I used @api.onchange. In the comment above I copied the wrong code.

Well if you only need that text in printed report, then you have no need for such field in database... simply call _compute_ammount_letter from report parser...

Best Answer

In report, I use:

<span t-if="o.currency_id" t-esc="o.currency_text(o.amount_total, o.currency_id.name, o.partner_id.lang or 'pl_PL')"/> 

where method currency_text() is defined in account_invoice as:

@api.multi
def currency_text(self, sum, currency, language):
return currency_to_text(sum, currency, language)

Discard
Best Answer

Hi

Please see this link...https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/help-1/question/functional-fields-in-openerp-convert-amount-to-word-string-24366

Discard
Best Answer

I have a problem that looks like this but I would like to display the exchange of a currency in pos receipt, for example:

total (CDF) 4000fc

total (USD) 2$

I dont want to use two currences but just add that line in pos receipt. thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Maybe you can have a look here

https://github.com/OCA/l10n-canada/tree/8.0/l10n_ca_account_check_writing

Discard
Author Best Answer
Discard
Best Answer

Well ammount_to_text is usualy used in printed reports, 
but if you realy need that displayed maybe function field would do the trick... 
(that way you can have text value displayed whenever the ammount changes... )

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Tjardo,

I use what you say in printed reports, in receipt. The code is this one:

<number_to_string(o.total_amount)>

Regards,

Juan Jośe - ADHOC

Discard