This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi I am using odoo 14, i have created a text field in odoo purchase order lines i want to create a table in this field, i can do this with Html field but when i export it to excel it doesnt show the table it just shows the html tags , how can i achieve this , is there any custom module to achieve this     

Discard
Best Answer

Hi jo,

Paste Special as HTML; but you need to select and then copy and paste special. I tested it in LibreOffice and worked.

Hamid

Discard
Author

after exporting i need to copy and paste it as special ?

No, actually I just selected a table which was designed via HTML and copied and paste it. Not export.
Maybe you can use some libraries in python to select the text and copy it in the clipboard and then when generating an export, you can convert it into table. But of course it needs development.

Author

oh okay @Hamid thank you for the input , but i need it in xlsx export not copying and pasting as i have 1000s of purchase order and each purchase order field will have one table

Author Best Answer

oh okay @Hamid thank you for the input , but i need it in xlsx export not copying and pasting as i have 1000s of purchase order and each purchase order field will have one table 

Discard

Then I definitely recommend to create new fields in the model and with python code convert the HTML structure to csv format or similar and then do the export easily with the new fields.