This question has been flagged

Hi there,

The timesheet module in Odoo 14 is not getting much appreciation at our company. Mainly from users that need to track and register billable hours for various projects and tasks. I'm researching the possibilities of improving the user experience of this module. Does anyone have any insight that they are willing to share? 

kind regards,
Adam Tetz

Discard

This is a vague question. What does "not getting much appreciation" mean? What exactly do you want to improve about the User Experience? Could it be folks just don't know how to use it effectively? Have you seen https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/what-determines-when-i-see-a-project-task-in-the-awesome-timesheets-app-170723 ? https://www.odoo.com/slides/slide/get-started-with-timesheets-666 ?

Author

Hi Ray, Thanks for your reply. I understand the question is vage. It could definitely be the case that we don't know how to use everything effectively. Here are some examples to give you an idea:

- Say that 30% of a user schedule exists of recurring events. It would be easier if users don't need to register these recurring tasks every week and have the possibility to duplicate a week or work with a template;

- Making entries from the week view makes it a lot easier to register recurring tasks. Every additional entry receives a default 'Timesheet adjustment' description. To change this description users must: click on the loop - click on the entry they want to edit - click on the edit button - fill in a description - save. It would be easier if users either a) get a pop-up that asks for a description after making an entry or. b) could edit the description directly in the list view on the second page (after clicking the loop);

- The date of a new entry will always jump back to the current day. This is handy if you track your hours on the same day but a lot of our users don't register every day. It would be handy if the default date has the previous entry date (saves a couple of clicks).

We don't use the mobile app. I'm thinking of running a pilot with a couple of users to see how that goes.

Do you think any of the above issues are solvable with better user instructions/configuration?

kind regards,
Adam Tetz