This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everybody !,

I try to setup subcontracting/subcontractor for project in a services company. Do you know how to do it ?

The scenario is :

1- a salesorder is confirmed with a time & materiel service (based on timesheet) ans the project is generated

2 - the resource is not available in the company and a subcontractor do the job instead of the internal resource

Thank's fr your suggestion

Discard
Best Answer

I would suggest you to think on below two things first:

1) Do you want your vendor (subcontractor) to access timesheets on the project for recording of work efforts or are just okay to create him/her as a user of the system and manage by giving right set of accesses? 

2) How do you want to manage payments based on you decision on point 1).

Thanks

Vishal

Discard
Best Answer

Did you work out the best way to handle this? We have the same issue.

Discard
Author Best Answer

The goal is to have a profit&loss for the project and to manage the project workload. So I will create the subcontractor as an employee and adapt his hourly rate and his invoice will not be posted with analytical account of the project.

Do you think it's the better solution ?

Discard

For tracking the cost and revenue per project basis it should be through analytic accounting. Odoo associates a project to an analytic account. And you can track costs and revenues by recording the transaction against the analytic account

Wondering how you solved this, as we have exactly the same situation. I want to have all hours recorded on the timesheet/project, so that we can generate an extract for the customer - indepent of whether the project has been done by internal or external staff. However, as soon as I want to link the freelance invoice to the analytical account, this shows up in the sales order to be invoiced, and so we end up in at least 2 sales order lines: [1] x days registered in the timesheet app times daily rate; [2] x days triggered by the freelancer invoice times daily rate.

Thanks to share your opinion.