This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi all,

I am a developer for a company that uses Odoo. An end-user brought to my attention a bug that they found while using Odoo regarding filters. When clicking on a select element in the filter or group_by menu on any module the select options show but when you click on an option the entire filter or group_by menu force closes. I will provide an attached gif so that it is easier to understand what I am talking about.

GIF: https://gyazo.com/231c2d697e3bc412767f39659e48cf29

*Notice the filter menu closing automatically after I select any of the options in the <select> element. This is not the gif restarting, that is what is happening.

Another GIF for reference: https://gyazo.com/0d597b7102c0f7289d6b8d821bae70d2

Initially, I was sure that this was an end-user problem and that she needed to clear her browsing cache, disable some chrome add-ons, or perhaps reinstall chrome. Soon after this, I realized that I also had the same exact issue as her on another Odoo instance that I was using. She also mentioned that others have had the same issue in the office so this may be an Odoo issue and not a user issue.

Here is what I have tried:

• Switching browsers (it worked, the issue only happens on Chrome web browser)

• Using incognito mode (did not work)

• Clearing cache (did not work)

• Removing all Chrome add-ons (did not work)

• Reinstalling Chrome (did not work)

• Making sure Chrome was up to date (did not work)

Some additional information:

• This issue only occurs on the Chrome web browser

• The issue happens across multiple Odoo instances (not all from the same server, for example, the problem was pointed out in our production server, but the issue also occurred for me on my Ubuntu testing instance where I develop off of)

• A fresh database with no custom modules does not fix the issue

• The issue happens across operating systems

• For me, the issue occurs on Ubuntu (where I develop Odoo) but not in Windows (on the same machine)

All of the information I have figured out tells me that this could possibly be a javascript issue within Odoo. I would appreciate any help/guidance in resolving this issue so that my users can return to using filters without the hassle of auto-closing issues. 

Discard

Hello Tyler, I have this same issue also. Is there a solution to this bug? It is happening on Edge Chromium also...

Best Answer

solo cambiando a mozilla funciona de lo contrario con edge y chrome no funciona por modificaciones en los navegadores esto esta dañado hasta la v13 de las 14 en adelante funciona aun

Discard
Best Answer

Same issue in v11, Edge is also affected, Firefox is ok

Discard
Best Answer

You can uninstall and install Chrome for fix it!

Tried with two computer and it works

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,  here is the fix for this issue:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/66848#issuecomment-810126928

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Tyler,

have you figured out how to solve this issue? One of our customers suddenly have been facing the same problem.

If not, fyi, we will try to debug the javascript part later on. If you are interested, i'll come back to you with an updated status.

Thanks!

Discard

Hi Julio,

I have the same issue also. Did you managed to find out where the issue is ?

By the way, this appened just on some chrome version, it works fine on other version as well as firefox ...etc

Please see my answer above. Thanks