This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hey erpeople,

In OpenERP 7.0 I have a requirement in that I need the address on the sales order to not change even if the company or customer address changes over time.

For example, we create a sales order for customer A they have an address Aa, his address might get updated to Ab and now all sales orders, invoices, delivery orders etc linking that customer to the invoices are set to the customer address Ab. I need them to still be Aa.

Is there anyway to achieve this in the system, or should I start coding? I am pretty doubtful but thought I'd ask here anyways.

Cheers;

Discard

Did you want different company address or customer address?

Author

What I really need is the orders and invoices linked to a static set of contact details. We are probably going to give Ray's suggestion below a go.

Best Answer

I haven't tried this, but one possible idea is:

For each company, create a contact called 'Company' which represents the current address.

Sales orders, etc would be for this 'contact' - showing up as 'OpenERP, Company' although OpenERP is still responsible for the purchases.

When you get a change of address for the company, rename 'Company' to 'Until July 2013' and mark it 'Inactive' so it only shows up on those historic documents as 'OpenERP, Until July 2013'. Create a new contact called 'Company' with the new address.

For each customer, just keep creating new addresses, making each old one 'Inactive' so these too only show up on historic documents.

This idea renders meaningless the address on a company, and requires you always sell to 'contacts'.

Discard