This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I have been racking my brain over this one. A few days ago, I noticed that most of my users could not log back into the system after logging out.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

That's the error they were getting. After looking for the root cause for a while I realized that someone had deleted the default and public users. This means that we cannot access the login page.

I managed to get a dump file of the res_users table from an old backup and have been trying to recreate the lost users from there. The last 

Does anyone know how I can go about it?

Discard
Author Best Answer

It seems that I misdiagnosed the problem. Public user is still in the database. It is a problem with the login page on the website module. Maybe not being able to reference the public user. I can log in via the android app. So now I have to install Blue Stacks on the users machines for them to use the system. Before I find a solution.

Discard

Maybe you can post the log, we can help you better if we have a better understanding why you get the internal server error.

Author

I found a solution. All is well now. https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/21997

Best Answer

default and public users are accessed in odoo by xml id's. try to create a new ones and see if you can get to login page.

Discard