This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Socks come in boxes of 6 pairs. Most of the time these are sold per box. Exceptionaly, a box can be opened to sell the socks by pair. But this doesn't happen often.

In the current system (not OpenERP) a decimal can be used. So when 1 pair of socks is sold, then 0,17 x 'box of socks' is sold.

How can this be correctly handled in OpenERP?

Discard
Best Answer

Go to Settings -> Configuration -> Sales: under Quotations and Sales Orders label in Product Features select Allow using different units of measures.

image description

This will allow you to change UoM in Sale Order Line.

Discard

Very Hope full Sir

Best Answer

UoS is not the proper method of handling this situation. It is used when units of different categories (ex. weight and units) are used for purchase and sale. You situation is much simpler. Just define a new unit like BOX-6 or HalfDozen that equal 6 Units.

Check this answer for more information and this one too

Discard
Author

Ok, that works! Thx... It also explains why 6x2 Euro was 24... Because the demo data already had a ratio of 12 defined. This can be configured in Warehouse > Configuration > Units of Measure.

Hmmm...I dont know if its not the situation for UoS. We are looking precisely into using UoS because we have 3,000 SKUs. Of those, about 300 are bought in units measuring 20 feet (rods or pipes). They are often sold as units but sometimes cut up and sold in feet per customer demand. If we were to have to create duplicate SKUs for those it would create chaos in our system. Thousands more new SKUs instantly with a basically infinite number of possibilities. We are created a measure called Feet of Rods and associated it to Units via a ratio of 20. This way we can sell off feet or units.

Best Answer

You have to make sure that 'Allow using different units of measure' in Setting -> Configuration -> Sales -> Quotations & Sales Orders -> Product Features is checked..

Now, if you want to make a sales order, you can define each product Unit of Measure (UoM) & Unit of Sales (UoS)

Discard
Author

I was messing around with that, but can't get that to work.

On product I have set salesprice per pair of socks, say 2 Euro. On product I have set UOS on box with Unit of Measure -> UOS Coeff = 0.17 So 6 pairs per box = 6 x 2 EURO = 12 EURO per box

On SO, when I choose 1 unit, the price is 2 EURO. But when I choose 1 box, the price is 24 Euro...

I tried your example, and the price i got is 12 euro.. have you set the unit of measure ratio? i made 2 new unit of measure, i named it pair of socks & box of socks... i made the pair of socks as my reference unit in type field, and then in the type field for box of socks i choose bigger than than the reference unit and set the ratio 6..

Author

Doesn't work for me. It's OpenERP v7.