• Smtp server: smtp.zoho.com
  • Port: 465
  • Security: SSL/TLS
  • User: account@mydomain.com
  • Password : *******

Test connexion button -> Connection test succeeded

In my account preferences > Email : account@mydomain.com

After sending an email, there is in the logs :

SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py", line 463, in send_email

I succeed to send mails with a php script with same config on the same server.

• Question 1: what is wrong with my configuration ?
  • Question 2: why there is no distinction between emails sent and email in error in web interface ?
Discard

Can you please send me complate traceback...?

Author

The traceback was : > 2013-12-02 10:52:27,369 29708 ERROR mydomain openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_mail_server: Échec de l'envoi du courriel via le serveur SMTP 'smtp.zoho.com'.

> SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py", line 463, in send_email smtp.sendmail(smtp_from, smtp_to_list, message.as_string())

> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 736, in sendmail self.rset()

> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 460, in rset return self.doc

Best Answer

This exception is raised when the server unexpectedly disconnects, or when an attempt is made to use the python mail SMTP instance before connecting it to a server. Clients sending outgoing mail should connect on port 587 and use starttls. To use port 465, you need to call smtplib.SMTP_SSL(). Currently, it calls smtplib.SMTP() .. so,change your PORT from 465 into 587 it. Also, you'll need to send the ehlo command before the starttls command, then again after the starttls command. 

http://net-informations.com/python/net/email.htm

Discard
Best Answer

problem arias because of port number. you have to check your thunderburd port number(if you are running server locally) in my case it is 587 add this port and you are good to go.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Domain Alias was set to mydomain.com. When set to 127.0.0.1 it works.

Discard