This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello!

I have a many2many relationship in a model. In a tree view, I just want to show an specific field of this many2many relationship, not the id. Is it possible to do it from the online version using the Settings > Technical > View or Model? Or how can I do it?

Example: Imagine I have a patient model and a doctor model. And in the tree view of Patient I want to show the name of the doctor associated to this patient, not the id of the doctor. How can I do it?

Thank you in advance

Discard
Author

Unfortunately, it doesn't help... I can't get what I want. Is there any other way?Is it imposible to do it?

Best Answer

Hello Marta,

Please define your many2many field in the tree view with the widget "many2many_tags".

Here is the example of field many2many field tag_ids which defined in the tree view:

<field name="tag_ids" widget="many2many_tags"/>

Thanks

Regards,

Email:      odoo@aktivsoftware.com  

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello both!

None of them worked. It still displays the id (I suppose it is the key of the relationship). I'm not sure if I had not explained it clearly. Going back to the example, where I want to see the name of the doctor is in the tree view of the menu, not inside the model. I need to see it at a first glance, not by entering to the record and then checking who is the doctor.

What I need is this:

PatientDatePhoneEmailDoctor
ABCdd/mm/yyyy123456789aa@example.esDEF ghi
However, what I'm getting right now is Doctor: 0001 (for instance). I don't want the number, I want the name. 

Discard
Best Answer

if you want to see only name you can use <field name="field_name" widget="many2many_tags"/>

if you want to show other detail then use bellow

<field name="field_name" nolabel="1">

<tree editable="bottom">

<field name="name"/>

<field name="email"/>
                                        <field name="number"/>

</tree>

</field>

Discard