This question has been flagged

Hello,

Sorry if the question is naive but

I tired multiple 3rd part apps to general account reports and they all had the same issue so I know it's more of a settings problem

lets say I bought 100kgs of raw material from a vendor, paid them 300 $, the 100kg went into my inventory.

I manufactured a product that required only 10kgs of this raw material plus other things, all is well, the 10kgs will be deducted from inventory and goes into the manufactured product.

The problem is, when I create a profit and loss statement now, using any of the report apps, it shows the 300 $ that's the full amount I paid for the 100kgs as an expense (cost of goods sold in trade) rather than just the value of 10kgs, since only 10kgs were used to make that item, the rest of the 100kgs are still in inventory which makes them an asset rather than an expense

any help on setting up categories and products correctly so I can get accurate profit and loss and balance sheet reports accurately will be really appreciated as I've been going crasy for a few days on this

Discard

Please read the documentation about inventory and stock valuation carefully. There is no need for any third party report app, you just need to know the basic principles.