This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Odoo 12

Rules can be set to have a Move Supply Method of either "Take from stock" or "Trigger another rule".

I have a Deliver route and a Manufacture route. The Deliver route has a Deliver rule that pulls products from Stock location if needed at customers. The Manufacture rule creates a manufacturing order if products are needed in Stock location.

I am trying to set up the inventory module so that when a sales order is confirmed, if the product is in inventory, it will be taken from there. If it is not in inventory, a manufacturing order will be created to produce the product.

I cannot make that work though - if I set the Move Supply Method in the Deliver rule to "Take from stock", it will take the product from inventory, as it should, if the product is there. But if there is no product in inventory, it does not create a manufacturing order for it.

If I set the Move Supply Method to "Trigger another rule" it will always trigger a manufacturing order, no matter whether the product is in stock or not. It simply ignores the inventory.

What I am trying to set up should be fairly ordinary - basically, if we have the product in stock take it from there, otherwise manufacture it.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Discard

Hi Peter,

Do you have any solution for this topic? Please share with me

Many thanks

Best Answer

Hi,   

In order to create manufacturing order based on the stock you need to set    

1.Set product as stockable   

2.Select the route as Manufacturing   

3.Add Reordering rules - Correctly set the minimum qty for which this particular procurement should be done.it depends on the virtual stock

Please go through this links Make to Order and Make to stock     Reordering Rule

Discard
Author

Those are very good and useful articles. We are definitely trying to set this up as Make To Stock.

The problem for us was that the product (category) did not have a manufacture route assigned to it.

When that is assigned it works as intended, when you run the scheduler.

I still think it would make sense to be able to define rules where the product is taken from stock, and if not available a manufacturing order is created, without having to run the scheduler.