This question has been flagged
11 Replies

Hello to all,

I assume that I'm doing something wrong because I can not believe this is not working in Odoo v9. I detected it in a dropshopping process but it happens in a regular flow as well.

1.  I create a PO for 13 units

2.  Received the 13 units

3.  Reverse the shipment created with another shipment for 5 units. I was hoping that the two shipments were linked to the PO and the received quantity updated to 8 units but it is not happening.

I'm using the control purchase bill on received quantities in the product.

Thanks in advace for your help,

Nacho

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

It has been updated in the v11. To get the same in odoo v10, you can do like this.

See the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDyGnQRi2L8

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Maybe I didn’t explain myself, I don’t expect the receipt to change but I would like the “received quantity” on the purchase to update.

The business case I try to explain is this:

• I ordered 13 units of product A using a Purchase order.
  • I received the 13 units
    • PO quantity: 13 units
    • "Shipment one" quantity: 13 units
    • PO received quantity: 13 units  
  •  After the inbound process I realize the 5 units were broken and I return them to the vendor reversing "shipment one":

• PO quantity: 13 units
    • "Shipment one" quantity: 13 units  
    • Return shipment quantity: 5 units  
    • PO received quantity: 13 units --> I expected that after the reverse/return this quantity were 8.  

·        The vendor tells me that he´s not got stock so we agree to invoice only 8 units and close the purchase order. I create the invoice and the system proposes 13 units. On the purchase order we cannot see any trace of what happened (the received quantity hasn´t changed) and the return shipment is no accessible or visible from the purchase order. All these factors will trigger  an incorrect invoice.  

Is there anything we can do to solve this issue? Maybe there is another way to do it and I don’t know how this process works in Odoo.

Discard

I understand your business case. What does the Vendor invoice you for? Normally they will send an Invoice for 13 as soon as they ship, not knowing that 5 were broken. Odoo is assuming you will get an Invoice for 13, and your Vendor will credit you for 5 units. So you will validate the Invoice for 13, and create an Credit Invoice from the reverse operation for 5. You will then only need to pay for 8 in the end.

Best Answer

It won't work this way in Odoo without customization - Odoo is working exactly the way it is designed to work out of the box.

Since 13 units came in, there will be a record that 13 came in.

When you reverse the shipment and select 5, there will be another record that 5 went back.  

The fact that 13 came in hasn't changed, which is why it won't update the Receipt - Odoo will just record the reverse as a second record that reduces the net quantity in stock to 8 units.

What was the reason for 13 units being received?  If this was a mistake, you may want a record of the mistake so you can keep track of users who need additional training.  If you don't, you can customize Odoo to allow you to 'reset' the Receipt as if nothing happened (but then you lose any record of the mistake) and proceed to receive 8.

Discard

Can you clarify your statement in the above comment: "create an Credit Invoice from the reverse operation"? No options visible on the delivery order. Maybe you mean ASK REFUND, on the vendor bill?

Yes. It depends on the version of Odoo you are using. Sorry - I wasn't specific.

The invoice probably hasn't been created yet, at the time of inspection. In that case, the inspector can't ASK REFUND (it really should be done by an accountant anyway). What's to prevent the returned product being paid for, and forgotten?

Usually it's the same way that Accounting is prevented from paying for product that they never receive in first place - they check with the Warehouse. How this happens is different from company to company. The most common way - the Warehouse stamps 'received' on the paperwork and signs/dates. The next most common way - the Warehouse scans and attaches to the Receipt document in Odoo the same paperwork. Other ways include Notes or Chatter beneath the Receiving document, copying Accounting. So Accounting is either given the paperwork, looks at the attachment or receives and email. Again - this is just how it works at the sites I have visited and/or implemented Odoo. At some places, the Vendor must put the Customer PO# in the shipment or it will be refused.

Best Answer

Ray, I agree with Nacho's point of view in the sense that it would make the flow more intuitive.

So, as long as you have not entered the supplier invoice, you should be able to return with reference to that PO for the PO lines and quantities not yet invoiced, and the system should reduce the quantity to invoice. Quantity received - quantity returned = quantity to invoice. Because you, as a customer, do not acknowledge these quantities to be included in the supplier invoice.

In this same sense, if the supplier uses Odoo, he should be able to return the quantities delivered, provided that they have not been invoiced yet, reducing the quantity to invoice.

If the customer invoice have been posted and sent at the supplier side, then I agree that it is the obligation of the customer to accept the invoice. The initiating supplier invoice should then be posted with the original quantity received. Then the return should be part of a separate process, with separate refund invoice.

So, that is, adjustments in the quantity to invoice resulting from disputes between the supplier and customer, before invoices have been generated, should become part of the same transaction. But once the invoice has been sent, a new transaction flow must be initiated.

Discard

I agree also. I have never seen this in a single Customer. Either the Invoice arrives BEFORE the goods, or arrives WITH the goods, or arrives a few days later. ALWAYS for the complete quantity. NEVER adjusted, always credited with a SECOND invoice. Just because the user receiving the goods hasn't entered the Invoice, doesn't mean it hasn't already been created in another system. I've never come across the case where the Vendor/Supplier would cancel the Invoice and re-issue one with a smaller quantity. Perhaps it is just a factor of how business is done where I am versus where others (and you) are.

Usually, the vendor will replace the defective product. We don't want a refund, we want the PO completed. How do we keep track of those 5 units the supplier still owes us? The PO is fully received. The supplier invoice is for the full quantity. The accounting department is going to pay the bill. There is no evidence anywhere in the system that the supplier owes us more product. There should be a mechanism for "return for replacement" versus "return for refund." In the "return for replacement" work flow, the PO receipt quantity should be updated.

When you RETURN products from a Stock Transfer, there is a record of that Return. Use the Location "Waiting for Replacement" if you want to keep track.