This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

We had a failure of storage where virtual machines with Odoo and the postgres database are located.

We managed to recovery the Odoo machine, but unfortunately the machine with the database died, but we have copies of the database data. This is a clean copy of the database, without files.

There was a line in the odoo configuration file:

data_dir = /var/lib/odoo/.local/share/Odoo

When restoring this database, unfortunately nothing is displayed, there is data in it, but there are no images or anything to use it.

I have a full backup from 2 months ago. Is there any chance to restore this database? Or combining data from two databases?

Unfortunately, there is a difference in the files on the server with the application in the filestore, which is probably where these errors come from. Unfortunately, we do not have a direct backup of the machine, we only have the database itself.

This is community version of Odoo - sadly old because 11.

Discard
Best Answer

hello

so

you have a ZIP from 2 Month ago

you have a db dump for yesterday

you should be able to restore the old one (db + File)

you should restore the DB with exact name of database in postgres( as db name and filestore name Must be the same

after that you need to update the BASE module ( odoo BASE) to relaoad and try to synchronize all image. of course if you have customs modules you should update each one.

Annabelle

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi,

I've tried all of ways to do this, coping files, changing names everything.

Tried copy old files to new filestore - it was causing whole the time problems.

Finally I did it other way - restored old working version and updated database using DBeaver - by importing new records, I had to update crm_lead, attachments seems to be visable but not accessable - I can live with that, since there wasnt a lot of new attachments.

But I have other problem - now whenever i post new comment on lead it spread on timeline, like posts from January are on top, post from april below. Do you have any ideas how I can fix it?

Sadly after few days with working to restore Odoo to previous version that was the only way to do it.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,
If the old filestore is available in the following path: /var/lib/odoo/.local/share/Odoo , ie, if you navigate to this folder, you will see some folders with db name, see what is available there. If you find filestore of a db, copy the data and move it inside the filestore of the newly created db in the new instance and restart the odoo service.

Thanks

Discard