This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I succeed in restoring a database into my postgresql server (v9.2) for openerp thanks to psql tools. The db is indeed visible via pgadmin. But via the administration db tools (openerp7), this db is not visible.

Why this db seems not to be recognized via the webinterface?

Thanks.

Discard

How did you make the backup in the first place? If you used some kind f command line, you need to use that to restore.

Author

Thank you Patrick. Yes indeed i did the BU thanks to pg_dump on my ubuntu/openERPv5/postgresql8.3 and now i 'd like restore it on my new windows/openerp7/postgresql9.2

I'm not sure that backup is compatible with your current structure. Either way, you should try restoring your database through pgAdmin III rather than through the OpenERP UI.

In case you have pgAdmin III on your ubuntu distro, I'd advise making a new backup using pgAdmin there and then restoring it under your windows OS. When backing up choose: Format=custom, Encoding=UTF8 & rolename=openpg.

Laurens might have given the best answer, In your inital question there was no mention of trying to do an upgrade from V5 to V7. You might have to do it in 2 steps, first to V6, than to V7. But that is another question I think... :)

Best Answer

If you used a command line tool to backup and than restore the DB, you have to take the following steps, in order to fool openERP a bit:

• Dump the restored DB.
  • use the webinterface of openERP to create a new DB with name 'X'
  • logout of openERP
  • use the commandline to dump that database. Now openERP still thinks there is a DB with name 'X'
  • restore the db with your command line tool, and give it the name 'X'

The above steps should be enough to fool openERP.

Discard
Author

Ok, i will try your method Patrick. I hope it works.

Author

Hello. I created a DB via openERP webinterface with name "X". I log out openERP. i have just try to restore my db with command tool assigning with the name "X"; But i have already a db with name "X".

Best Answer

From the openerp's database management page you can see only the databases owned by the postgresql user specified in the openerp's config file.

you probably restored the db as "postgres" user.

Discard
Author

Hello. I just try to restore my db thanks to postgrestools via DOS run as postgres user. I succeed again to see the dg via pgadmin. But i still can't see it via openerp's database management...;-( I'm a little desperate.