This question has been flagged
4 Replies

A customer (Mr Jones) brings a car to us to repair. The repair needs 4 bolts which we have in stock. We fit the bolts and give the car back to the customer.

Please can someone tell me how to 'do' this in openerp repair orders.

Specifically

1. the MOVE on the repair order
  2. the SOURCE and DESTINATION on the bolts in the operation line
  3. any warehouse moves we need to do before or after.

Finally WHEN is the stock of bolts decreased.

Thanks in advance

Discard

I think u select this way is better warehouse--> delver order --> new select 4 bolts and source documents reference is Repair 0001 and confirm the order. now check the product it will decreased. try this this way.

Best Answer

Create a Product Car and Bolt. Car --> Make to Order + Produce Bolt --> Make to Stock + Buy

Update initial stock of Bolt with 100 qty. Create a Bill of Material for Car with 8 qty of Bolt as a raw materials.

Just for ex. Create a MO for Car, Confirm and Produce it. So Your stock of Car will be 1 and Bolt will be 92.

Create a Repair order for Car. Select your Move (Production-->Stock as per current ex) and Select Partner as per your need.

In Repair Line, Type=Add, Select Bolt as Product and Qty=4. Save the Repair Record. Confirm, Start and End Repair.

As soon as you will Click on End Repair, It will create a Delivery Order for Car with your selected Partner in Repair order. State will be Ready to Delivery. Deliver it and Check the Product qty. Car should have 1 and Bolt should have 88 qty in stock.

Thanks, Priyesh Solanki

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer but ...

1) We didn't make the car and we don't own it. So it is never in our production stock. Do we need to do anything to bring it into our workshop?

2) The car and the bolts will end up at the stock location 'customer'. When we ADD the bolts, there is a SOURCE and DESTINATION on that item line. If I set these to STOCK and CUSTOMER our qty of bolts in stock does not decrease?
Thanks

Mark

I created Manufacturing order just for ex. In Repair order, In Move, you need to select your move from stock --> customers, as customer brings a car back to us. As soon as you will select that move, You will see Current and Delivery Locations with Customers as a location. In Repair Line, Add 4 qty of Bolt product to fix the main product (CAR). As soon as you will select type as ADD, Source location will be set as Stock as you are going to add product from your stock and Destination will be set as Production location. After that, Confirm, Start and End repair order.

It will create a DO for a Main Product CAR with Customer as Source location and Customers as Destination Location. Check qty of Bolts, it will be decreased and After delivering Car, There will not any change in qty of CAR. Stock to Customer move is for CAR as We sold that CAR to the Customer and Bolt is our raw material, that is in our Stock. We move it from Stock to Production to repair CAR product.

Any suggestions for stock that has been purchased that needs repair? I've been exploring this module for our business (musical instrument repair shop) and sometimes we purchase used products from a 'supplier' and then would like to track all the work/parts we did to restore the instrument for resale. What seems to be troubling me at the moment is even after the product moves are done and it is now in our company's stock, when i create the RO, it still pulls the supplier and delivery address associated with the PO when it was purchased. NOT the company which now owns it. What am i missing?

Best Answer

May I recommend that you use Field Service for this? In Field Service you can directly add products from your Inventory to current Field Service Job.

Discard
Best Answer

Suppose a partner has more than one car. Create a product car with serial number tracking. Create a product bolt. Create a location for each partner's car. Create a serial number for each car and place them in each car location. Deliver bolts to each location as requested. The inventory of each location will show what has been delivered.

Discard
Best Answer

In module repair you have only one virtual location (production). If you need different locations for each car, you can try our modules asset and mro. It support different locations for assets and fully integrate to procurement workflow (auto replenishment on your rules).

Discard