This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I use multiple warehouses in Odoo 13, I want Reordering Rules to consider total quantity not just the quantity is the selected warehouse, is there a way to do that?

Discard
Best Answer

You could use the concept of virtual warehouse with the current stock locations being child locations of the virtual warehouse.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/applications/inventory_and_mrp/inventory/routes/concepts/stock_warehouses.html

Do consider that this would impact the currently set inventory routes and flow

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer, but I don't think this will work, I still need to select a single location in the Rule, I don't think the rule will work on all location under the virtual warehouse.
Even if this works, it will create issues with deliveries.

The suggestion was to validate if a concept would work for your scenario, it surely wouldn't be a complete solution.
1. You would be able to select this virtual location/ WH on the product reorder rule (Inventory > Master Data > Reodering Rules)

2. I haven't tested the flow myself so wouldn't know if it works for all child locations

3. I would also believe the deliveries should continue to be trigger as per your current route configuration (product categories, product, sale order lines, WH), here as well I couldn't be sure

Author

I tested the virtual warehouse way you suggested, Reordering Rules only consider the selected location. So it makes no difference.

Hi Ameen,

Many thanks for taking the time to test and share the result. Probably there are other ways to achieve it and hope someone is able to provide it.

Could you please uncheck my answer as being the right one as it is misleading?

Thanks and regards
Jaideep