This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Odoo 14.0, CE.

First of all I want to say I have read the documentation (official and unofficial) on reordering rules, but there must be something wrong on it or I did not fully understand it. I'll refer to this specific webpage:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/14.0/applications/inventory_and_mrp/purchase/products/reordering.html

As stated in the documentation: "If you want to order only the exact quantity needed to fill in a sales order for example, set both both the minimum and maximum quantity to zero. The quantity mentioned in the sales order is then used by the reordering rule. "

So what I understand is:

"MTO" = Replenishment Rules set to 0/0/1.

Should that be correct? Our database does not seem to be working that way... Or at least if the product is not directly sold, I mean if it is a component used in the production of the sold product.

Could anyone clarify that please?

Discard
Best Answer

0/0/1 is to have no stock and to order exact quantity as and where required in the process. Sales order seems to be the example illustrated in the documentation.

This replenishment/ reorder rule is true for components as well not directly sold but required to fulfill a need not limited only to MTO

Discard
Author

Okay, so then "MTO" = Replenishment Rules set to 0/0/1.
Does that mean if I have a lead time on deliveries from my suppliers of 15 days, that the order will not be triggered until day 15 arrives? Because that is what seems to be happening... I truly do not understand why when launching the sales order (that will trigger eveything, MOs and POs) using todays date it works as stated, but if I change the date to tomorrow it will not trigger anything...

Author

As I said our database is not working as expected, even tho on the paper your answer and the documentation are correct... I've opened a new question on the forum to understand what is going on.
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/why-po-and-mo-are-not-triggering-lead-time-problem-209796