This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am attempting to create either an Automated Action or Marketing Automation to send an e-mail at 7 days,21 days, on expiration of a quotation if it has not been signed.

I have no issue setting Status= Quotation Sent. But I can seem to figure out how to have it send 7 days after creation or 21 days from expiration ( either way would probably work all though 7 days after creation would be more flexible if expirationisnt 30 days.)

I have tried to do my own research but I cant seem to make any progress, as everything I try results in 0 matched records.  

Here is where I am stuck https://imgur.com/a/zymqp2G

Discard
Author

Not sure why the URL isnt loading https://imgur.com/a/zymqp2G

I should also note, I am on Online Online ( Hosted@odoo.com) which limits my access under the hood.

Author

Thank for the help. I created one, but based on expiration date, however no e-mail was ever sent with my testing. It correctly identify's the Domain records, but the expiration came and went and no e-mail from the action.

Is there a type of log or que to see what is happening?

Best Answer

Was able to create automated action based on time condition with trigger as order date field

Discard

The time based trigger is always after the trigger date and I suspect that on quotation expiry date the status of sale order changes from sent to cancelled.

For the records you mention no email was sent, would you be able to go back now to check if those records are still included in the domain filters.

Author
It’s my understanding that time based triggers can be executed before trigger date by using a - sign such as -1.

Dropping in a partner id short code to recipients under partners worked and I received the email but the email came from Odoo Bot/my email instead of from the catchall account which we force via smtp.force. It also didn’t not show up in the chatter or in setting >messages……

They do show up in the domain as the filter is still valid . Status quotation set and customer ID.  

David Kramer | Account Director
WeSpec LLC.
28202 Cabot Rd., Suite# 300 | Laguna Niguel | CA 
Web: www.We-Spec.com
Office: 949-694-6494 x.307 | Direct: 949-793-7441

On Jan 25, 2023, at 9:37 PM, Jaideep <notifications@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

The time based trigger is always after the trigger date and I suspect that on quotation expiry date the status of sale order changes from sent to cancelled. For the records you mention [...] ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​

The time based trigger is always after the trigger date and I suspect that on quotation expiry date the status of sale order changes from sent to cancelled.

For the records you mention no email was sent, would you be able to go back now to check if those records are still included in the domain filters.

--
Jaideep

Odoo S.A.

+32 81 81 37 00 | info@odoo.com | https://www.odoo.com