This question has been flagged

Odoo Enterprise Edition - Version 12.0.

Because of city noise and traffic ordinances, we have extremely limited windows each day to receive. 

We have a two docks and receive everything without putting it away because we barely have enough time to get the trucks in, unloaded and out before each window closes.

The docks are only big enough for about the first two truckloads each day.  To prevent the docks filling up too quickly we use up available floor space in other parts of the warehouse, basically anywhere we can find space between aisles and under our conveyor belts.   We try to put items near to their putaway location but this isn't always possible. 

Between these windows, and often the next day, we put items away to their final putaway locations. 

While the Receiving process (find a PO, receive the items, back order what wasn't received) works well for us (including using hand scanners), we want it to better reflect how we work. 

Specifically:

1) Can items received be hidden from the Quantity on Hand?  If it takes up to a day to put something into the final picking location, I don't want Sales to see that it is available until then. Odoo currently shows the items as on hand the moment they are received, even in a multiple step receiving process.  Since that item could be anywhere on the floor of my 25,000 square foot warehouse.  It could take someone hours to find something that hasn't been put away yet.  We can't justify spending more than 5 minutes to pick an item based on our margins.

2) Can the second step be done without a Transfer document to process?  If I receive 15 PO's during one day, and they are spread all over my warehouse, they are no longer grouped by the time it comes to put items away - I can't create a pile on the floor for each PO - I have to put items as close to their picking location as possible.  It is too time consuming to have staff figure out which Transfer document each product belongs to.  Can this work like an Inventory adjustment somehow?

3) Is there a way to tell staff on the hand held which putaway location they should use for the product? It seems inefficient to have them switch between looking up where to put something and having them scan it to that location.

We can't get more staff or more warehouse space at this point - so I'd really like to solve this problem with Odoo.

Discard