This question has been flagged

Hello,

We are hoping to set up our CRM so that each sales person has their Gmail account set up as an IMAP incoming mail server. This allows for sales people to use Gmail as the mail client, but continues to pull in emails to OpenERP which can be stored against customers.

However, currently there does not appear to be a way to collect mail sent through the GMail interface by IMAP (i.e. IMAP the 'sent' folder on GMail). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Many thanks,

Lawrence

Discard

Hi Lawrence, I'm looking for the answer to your same problem. I tried setting up a local mail server as well, but I can't think of a good way to configure OpenERP. Did you make any progress since last year? Thanks Davide

Author

Hi Davide, the solution we used was to create incoming mail servers (POP server) for each sales employee. This then pulls through all mails from the Gmail account (inbox and sent) and logs them as leads each time the fetchmail service runs. The only problem with this is that many mails which are not leads are pulled through. You can create a simple server action to delete leads created from a list of email addresses that you can define.

Best Answer

hello 

will this solution work for all users in the system?

all users can receive their sent mails in their outlook client?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I am not very sure if i understood your question completely, however you can configure the incoming mail gateway by following the below steps

• Go to Settings -> General Settings
  • Click on Configure the incoming email gateway
  • Create a new Record by clicking on create button and enter the below values
  • Name: Gmail Incoming Gateway (some narrative description as you wish)
  • Server Type: IMAP Server
  • Server Name: imap.gmail.com or 173.194.66.108 or 173.194.66.109 (use ip if you are under proxy)
  • Select SSL/TLS check box
  • Username: abc@gmail.com
  • Password: abcpassword
  • You can also Perform some actions on the section "Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails"
  • Save the record and click on Test & Confirm

If connection is ok, you'll start receiving all you mails in here Messaging -> Inbox and your appropriate actions will be done for email. You can also mark your emails as todos and convert them to oppurtunites, etc. All the best!!

Discard

Will this help me have a feature similar to Capsule CRM email drop box? https://capsulecrm.com/support/drop-box/

I configured, test passed. but not receiving anything anywhere

Best Answer

Will this help me have a feature similar to Capsule CRM email drop box?

https://capsulecrm.com/support/drop-box/

Discard