This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have a requirement to display year in the field='year of passing' , I created this field as selection. But my values should be 1965 - 2020. Its very hard to hardcore the values is there any option to auto generate the year in range of 5 0r 10

Discard
Best Answer

Hi

you should create a dynamic or functional selection field ( based on object) and create function that use the python timeand date module so you can give range in that function from start to end (1965 to 2020) so all the year can be created at once in that object and then you will see all the year's in selection field

Thanks
Sandeep

Discard
Author

answered just now Arun gravatar image Arun 21 ● 1

Thanks Sandeep, If i want to select only 5 years dynamically based on 5 years how sholu i achieve that Ex : current year is 2013 , so my selection value should show only 2013-2018 and then if i again edit the field to 2018 it sholud show 2018-2023 :-) i s any way to achieve this

Author Best Answer

Thanks Sandeep, If i want to select only 5 years dynamically based on 5 years how sholu i achieve that Ex : current year is 2013 , so my selection value should show only 2013-2018 and then if i again edit the field to 2018 it sholud show 2018-2023 :-) i s any way to achieve this

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, You can specify a function to populate your selection field like this

_columns = {
   'sel' : fields.selection(
       _get_selection,
       'What do you want ?')
}

and the function could be like:

def _get_selection(self, cursor, user_id, context=None):
    return (
       ('choice1', 'This is the choice 1'),
       ('choice2', 'This is the choice 2'))

as mentioned on the website... but the problem is that the selection field populated only when the form/tree loaded and it couldn't be dynamic 'as I know' thanks....

Discard