Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
What is the release process of odoo and when will v8 stable become available?
This is the process that has been released by one of odoo's lead developers and is now being updated on the GitHub Wiki. I will keep this answer updated as new data becomes available.
1. Offline Release Candidate 1 available 7 July 2014
2. V8 migration scripts (Enterprise Customers) 24 July 2014 (Community Upgrade)
3. Offline released stabilized -> bugfixes 14 August 2014
4. Translation templates available: Server, Web, Addons (See wiki) 14 August 2014
5. Migrate the odoo.com website -> bugfixes 19 August 2014
6. nightly.odoo.com/8.0/nightly deb/exe/rpm/src packages available 31 August 2014
7. First Launchpad -> GitHub migration of translation files 8 September 2014
8. Publish odoo.com/documentation/8.0/ 15 September 2014
9. Deployed on Odoo Online for new customers -> bugfixes 17 September 2014
10. Migrate online customers -> bugfixes 17 September 2014
11. Final stable release 18 September 2014
Download, Release Notes, Presentation, Announcement, Video, Hosted Version
12. Update apps.odoo.com to pull v8 modules from GitHub 12 December 2014
This process usually takes a month or so for the average release, but we know that this one is harder than the average due to Launchpad -> GitHub move, new API and new CMS modules.
- 73 days from release candidate 1 until version 8 stable release.
- 153 days until the full odoo.com ecosystem supported version 8.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 8/14/14, 8:24 PM|
|Seen: 7196 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|