This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have noticed that no matter what timezone I set in User Preferences:

... all dates and date times displayed in Odoo are shown based on the SYSTEM TIME of the underlying operating system the client uses (mainly Windows for my users).

The tooltip for this field states: "The partner's timezone, used to output proper date and time values inside printed reports.  It is important to set a value for this field.  You should use the same timezone that is otherwise used to pick and render date and time values: your computer's timezone"

Is there any other logic in Odoo that is affected by the setting in this field?  

Discard

Excellent question in my opinion. I am seeing the same thing as you: even though I change this field, Odoo will ignore it and just use the system time. So in other words, what is the use of this field if Odoo ignores it?

Author Best Answer

Yes. My testing concludes that Odoo's data import logic is affected by this setting:

Data Import.

If this field is False (blank) then all date and date time data imported will be assumed to be in the UTC timezone.

If the field has a value, then all date and date time data imported will be assumed to be in that timezone.

Data Export:

Odoo exports all dates and date times in the UTC timezone.

Discard

still i have question,can you please help me out ,my question is ,odoo displays according to the system timezone .so if i set time zone in the preference ,if my system time zone is different then it shows according to the system timezome which confuses me when i look appoinment timing in calender.is there any way to restrict this?