This question has been flagged

In Odoo 9 Enterprise, is it possible to setup inventory / warehouse routes based on a serial number or lot number? I see where you can route based on a product or product category, but not for serial number or lot number.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello there. No, you cannot set routes based on serial numbers. However, you can select routes on Sales order Lines. To be honest, I don't see a point why would you need to set routes based on serial numbers? Basically, you will need that route to work just one time. If you explain more, I might be able to help.

Discard
Author

This is actually a work around because of some lack of functionality for automatic routing. A client of mine is used to automated routing, where the system will automatically route to an option of multiple locations based on how much room each location has.

How would serial number/lot number help with that? It appears you want different routes based on existing stock status, not new serial numbers. Have you setup Reordering Rules (Warehouse->Configuration->Reordering Rules) You may find a module that allows you to adjust how the procurements are handled, to choose a route based on location availability.