This question has been flagged

Hello,

I am just setting up my odoo Enterprise environment, and I have a problem with the configuration of my warehouses and routes:

I have two warehouses WH-A and WH-B. Most products are in stock at both warehouses, and both warehouses ship directly to customers.

I set up a virtual warehouse (as described here https://www.odoo.com/documentation/14.0/applications/inventory_and_mrp/inventory/routes/concepts/stock_warehouses.html) WH-V, and selected this warehouse in the e-commerce settings.

My problem:

I can define a multi-step delivery route that checks if a product is in stock at WH-A, and if not creates an internal transfer from WH-B to WH-A, but this is not what I want. This way I would have SO many internal transfers between warehouses, and increased shipping times.

I want to create a route that creates a delivery order from WH-A if the product is in stock at WH-A, and if not, creates a delivery order from WH-B directly to the customer.

I tired to build a route with two rules: (1) Pull from WH-A to Partner Locations/Customers "Take from Stock, if Unavailable Trigger Another Rule" and (2) Pull from WH-B to Partner Locations/Customers.

But if the product is not in stock at WH-A this resulted in the error "No rule has been found to replenish "[Product Name]" in WH-A.

How can I create a conditional route, that selects the warehouse based on product availability, and doesn't just try to replenish out-of-stock products?

Thanks for your help, and best regards,

Markus

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Markus,

With a virtual WH set-up, the delivery is set from WH-V to customer. With all orders in a common queue/ operation type what method is used for assigning the WH that would take responsibility to ship an order?

While a delivery order might have multiple products, the scenarios for an order fulfillment would be 1.'all' products are in both WH, 2. some products in both WH while others only in 1 (either A or B or some A & some B) 3. some products unavailable in both WH which probably kicks your replacement/ re-order rules

If your need is to delivery all products of an order together, then you would have to move product between WH.

If you split an order and deliver in parts from both WH you could ship available products from one WH and simply create a 'back-order' for the other WH.

In either of the above cases you cannot achieve delivery with 1 operation. It is either multiple delivery orders or 1 delivery order with inter WH transfers.

Do let me know if my understanding isn't correct.

Best regards

Discard