This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Is it not possible to add a company vat or tax number on the invoice?
It is a local requirement of our goverment that both companies VAT numbers must be on the invoice

Discard

Yenthe, Many thanks for your support and emails.  You have helped me a lot. MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!

No problem Erastus! Don't forget to upvote/accept my answer if it helped you that good. Best of luck with Odoo :)

Mecri beaucoup,  Pierre

On 2015-02-06 09:37 PM, Pierre Lamarche wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1423251443.275444030761719.835694063948456-openerp-75248-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

A new answer for TAX / Vat number has been posted. Click here to access the post.

--
Pierre Lamarche
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post TAX / Vat number
Best Answer

Hi Erastus

Ofcourse this is possible. Simply add your VAT number under your company its details. On your customer his form you also fill in his e-VAT number.
As you can see on the XML of an invoice the VAT number of your customer is printed by default:

<div class="row">

<div class="col-xs-5 col-xs-offset-7">

<address t-field="o.partner_id"

t-field-options='{"widget": "contact", "fields": ["address", "name"], "no_marker": true}' />

<span t-field="o.partner_id.vat"/>

</div>

</div>

So when the VAT number of your partner is filled in it will be printed on your invoice!
As for your VAT number.. You can add this in your report (account/views/report_invoice.xml) or in the header of your report (report/views/layouts.xml). The field is in the table res.company in the field res.company.
If you want to include it in your header (layouts.xml) add this line:

<span t-field="company.vat"/>

If you want to add it in your report itself (report_invoice.xml) you should do this:

<span t-field="o.company_id.vat"/>

Discard
Author

Thank you for this. I stopped using odoo was not convenient at the time but is back on it again. A very dumb question where do I get the e-vat I cannot see it

Best Answer

I also faced the same error. When I faced that error at that time thought it would be solved if we gathered proper information about VAT and TAX. I got some information through https://www.shuraatax.com/vat-return-filing-assistance.html and knew some important information. If anyone wants to know more about then follow the article.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, one can add their http://www.shuraatax.com/blog/2018/03/documents-required-for-vat-registration-in-dubai.html/ vat registration number in the invoice. It is important to do that because you and your customer do the business legality.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi you have another easier solution as well.

You can go to the company configuration panel et customize your standard document footer by adding thoses information at the bottom of each document of your system (SO, PO, invoices, etc...) using the company header and footer.

Discard