Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Subprocess in Openerp

By
clement zotti
on 6/20/14, 3:53 PM 691 views

Hello, I have found something "strange"(or not)

when I trying to use subprocess in openerp for a java call I always encounter a JVM error with memory limit issue.

this post probably have the same thing :

https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/No-way-to-use-subprocess-in-OpenERP--51016

It's code like that :

proc = subprocess.Popen(['java', '-jar', 'myJar.jar', args1, args2])

proc.communicate()

and my error was:

'Error occurred during initialization of VM\nCould not reserve enough space for object heap\n'

'Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.\nError: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.\n'

I use the worker option when I run openerp. I delete this option and now my call workfine.

So I think this is a limitation from python thread or System to limit the memory for thread...

I don't know if it's this but, it make sense for me.

Did someone know something about this ?

Thanks clement

Ricardo Martins
On 11/9/15, 11:17 AM

I am also having this problem. Did you found an answer? 

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 6/20/14, 11:13 PM

Hi

You can use multiprocessing of python

from multiprocessing import Process, Queue

queue = Queue()

p = Process(target='your method name', args=(queue, 'your method arg'))

p.start()  

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/20/14, 3:53 PM
Seen: 691 times
Last updated: 11/9/15, 11:17 AM