Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

(Solved) Change default shop name - warehouse creation

By
Pinky&TheBrain
on 8/2/13, 6:03 AM 5,445 views

Hi,
I installed a new oerp7.0-debian6 2 weeks ago ( july 2013 ), added modules I needed, including POS.
Then, I made configurations (compagny name...)

Now, on the POS reciept, the shop name writes "Your Company"

1. I could not find a way to modify it on the "modify" Point Of Sale configuration sheet.
  2. I could not find a way to add or modify a warehouse name (eventhough I am working with default administrator account as "responsable" of warehouses and have configuration rights on "administration") as I cannot find the "shop" configuration in the "sales menu" - (for info I do not have "address book" either) - as seen in a web page from acespritechblog (configure-multiple-shops-in-openerp-point-of-sale)
Xsias
On 8/2/13, 7:18 AM

Activate the rule on your Configuration>Users>Users>YourUser>Access Rights>Technical Settings : Gérer les emplacements multiples et les entrepôts (Manage multiple sites and warehouses)

To modify the name of a warehouse go to Warehouse>Configuration>Warehouses. Select the warehouse you want to and click on the Modify button.

To modify the name of a shop, you must go to : Sales>Configuration>Shops select yours and edit it.

Yes, this is what I want to do but: <br>In Warehouse ( "entrepot" ) > Configuration, I only have "regle d'approvisionnement", "Gestion d'entrepot">incoterm or journaux de stocks, "Articles">categorie d'article<br> and No Shops in "Sales>Configuration"<br><br> I guess it is a rights configuration specification then, any idea?

Pinky&TheBrain
on 8/2/13, 7:21 AM

Have you activate the rule on your Configuration>Users>Users>YourUser>Access Rights>Technical Settings : Gérer les emplacements multiples et les entrepôts (Manage multiple sites and warehouses)

Xsias
on 8/2/13, 7:47 AM

No, I did not try this because I thought I could keep it a little simpler (1 small compagny with one physical office for warehouse and shop). Is it the only way you know?

Pinky&TheBrain
on 8/2/13, 8:18 AM

Check this box would'nt modify your OpenERP instance, this will just allow your user to see news fields and news menus. More informations here : http://help.openerp.com/question/443/what-do-the-different-technical-features-settings-enable/

Xsias
on 8/2/13, 8:27 AM

Great! Thanks a lot!, it looks better with the good name on the reciept now!

Pinky&TheBrain
on 8/2/13, 9:09 AM
Amit Parik (amp)
On 8/2/13, 7:27 AM

Hello,

You have to create a new point of sale for that and use that pos on the session. Steps: First create the shop for the pos and assigned the related warehouse to that shop. Go to Point of sale >Configuration >Point of sale . Create new point of sale and assigned the related warehouse. So now your created a shop will be link with the point of sale.

Thank you!

I cannot get the reach of the warehouse configuration. And I think you answer and the one from Xsias, are exactly what I am suppose to do

Pinky&TheBrain
on 8/2/13, 7:42 AM
Tobias Warken
On 7/21/14, 3:07 AM

I have the same difficulties. In my case User has the technical right to manage multiple Warehouses and locations. I can do that, but i can't see nor change the Shops.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/2/13, 6:03 AM
Seen: 5445 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM