Odoo Help

Set developer mode (with code)

By
Rui Franco
on 10/31/15, 6:59 AM 1,526 views

Here's what I'm trying to do: if a user belongs to a certain group, then, the developer mode is activated.

But I can't get to understand which variable I should set. I don't want to reload the page but rather set some variable so that, in the next reload, the developer mode is activated.

Any ideas?

Rui Franco
On 11/7/15, 6:29 PM

So, now I know that the "debug" is JavaScript stuff only. There is a variable called "instance.session.debug" that has to be set.

Thus, the problem has become how to get the user's permissions using js. When the user logs in, I want to see if he is part of a certain group and, if so, set the instance.session.debug to true.

I'm building a module to help developers and this would be a really nice fature.

Alternatively, python could reload the page in some way, passing the "debug" parametre into the URL. Is this possible?

Axel Mendoza
On 10/31/15, 6:22 PM

To activate developer mode just add ?debug= param to the url. That's what the link to activate developer mode do. That's why a reload is needed. Developer mode also do not minify the assets, css and js source file will be readable after page reload

Ray Carnes
On 10/31/15, 12:49 PM

If you just need the Technical half of the Settings menu, use one of the modules that make that menu persistently available to user with Admin Settings permissions.

https://www.odoo.com/apps?search=technical+menu 

What I want is for every member of a "developer" group to automatically see the "developer" drop down (the one that shows views, etc), without having to go to "about + click on developer mode"

Rui Franco
on 10/31/15, 1:05 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/31/15, 6:59 AM
Seen: 1526 times
Last updated: 11/7/15, 6:40 PM