This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Good evening I want to send notification to the manager, the mentor and the employee during the creation, confirmation, the first validation and the second validantion of a leave request. I'd like to know at what level I have to act? On what methods should I do?

Discard
Best Answer

You can create an Automated Action which is linked to a Server Action of Type E-Mail. For more information see here:

Discard
Author

Thank you Andreas for your answer. Now I'm able to send mail. This is whate I do: At Server Action form: - Action Name: any name - Object: Leave - Email Address (if for manager): object.employee_id.parent_id.work_email Email Address (if for user): object.employee_id.work_email - Subject: Leave Request from [[ object.employee_id.name ]] - Message: Hello [[ object.employee_id.parent_id.name ]],

Best Answer

hello, what you're looking for can be something related to workflows. You can check in google "OpenERP Workflows and User Processes". With this you can do certain things according to a state within a process flow.

After manipulating the workflow can generate certain events such as sending an email to a certain person or group, that could be a notification.

Good luck :)

Discard

Hi! i've seen there : https://doc.odoo.com/6.1/book/7/7_18_Process/7_18_Process_workflow/ https://doc.odoo.com/6.0/developer/3_9_Workflow_Business_Process/ How did you say that we can add notification to managern mentor, .. in each state. Thanks!

Hi Gustavo, can you give us example or a tutorial on sending email to a group with maipulating this workflow. Thanks

I ask the same.

Author Best Answer

Thank you Andreas for your answer. Now I'm able to send mail. This is whate I do:

1. I clicked on the confirm item of my workflow. At Server Action field, I've select "Create, Modify" option and fill the fields below:
    • Action Name: any name
    • Object: Leave
    • Email Address (if for manager): object.employee_id.parent_id.work_email Email Address (if for user): object.employee_id.work_email
    • Subject: Leave Request from [[ object.employee_id.name ]]

If you want to send mail to many adresses choose for "Action type" the value "Mutliple action". And create action for each mail.

1. Save you modifications

You can now choose this action server at "cofirmation", "first validation" , "validation" and "refused" items.

Discard