This question has been flagged

Hello Everyone.

I hired an assistant couple of months back and he made alot of errors while registering payments for customers by allocating more then actual cash received, now customer statements are overstated , i can un-reconcile the specific payments but cannot entirely remove them from that particular invoice even if i reverse the journal entries made against it the outstanding payments stay with that customer.

Is there a way to fix this ? i am in a desperate need of help.

Thank you everyone.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Install the module account_cancel which will give you the option for this .

Just check out this link : -https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-set-journal-to-allow-cancelling-entries-29355

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for the reply , i have already found a solution and fixed this , I'll post it here for people who are also facing similar problem.

account_cancel module doesn't need to be installed on Odoo V10 or above , so all we gotta do , is head over to 

Accounting -> Configuration - > Accounting - > Journal: here click the journal which you want to cancel out , for customer invoices it's usually Bank accounts , on the bank or any similar journal page , click on Advanced Settings and check the tick box for " allow entries to cancel each other " 

now head over to Specific customer whom's balance you are sure to be overstated , open the specific invoice , down below the registered payment : - > click on  ' ? ' on the left side of the wrong payment and click on open and there you will be able to cancel that entry but still in order to delete it , you'll need to un-reconcile that payment and then head over to that entry gain and delete it. 

Done , That customer statement should be fixed and wrong payment should be removed by now. 

Discard

Hi,

If you didn't install the module named account_install you will not get the option "allow entries to cancel each other " in the Advanced Settings of journals form(which can be taken from Accounting -> Configuration - > Accounting - > Journal)

typing mistake , module named account_cancel

The rest of the things you have explained is there in the link i have given in my answer