We are hoping to set up our CRM so that each sales person has their GMail account set up as an IMAP incoming mail server. This allows for sales people to use GMail as the mail client, but continues to pull in emails to openERP which can be stored against customers.
However, currently there does not appear to be a way to collect mail sent through the GMail interface by IMAP (i.e. IMAP the 'sent' folder on GMail). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?
Many thanks, Lawrence
I am not very sure if i understood your question completely, however you can configure the incoming mail gateway by following the below steps
- Go to Settings -> General Settings
- Click on Configure the incoming email gateway
- Create a new Record by clicking on create button and enter the below values
- Name: Gmail Incoming Gateway (some narrative description as you wish)
- Server Type: IMAP Server
- Server Name: imap.gmail.com or 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 (use ip if you are under proxy)
- Select SSL/TLS check box
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: abcpassword
- You can also Perform some actions on the section "Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails"
- Save the record and click on Test & Confirm
If connection is ok, you'll start receiving all you mails in here Messaging -> Inbox and your appropriate actions will be done for email. You can also mark your emails as todos and convert them to oppurtunites, etc. All the best!!
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/26/13, 9:56 AM|
|Seen: 6240 times|
|Last updated: 10/6/15, 2:54 PM|