Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Quantity On Hand is always zero Stock Quants issue

By
Fabio Canella
on 3/9/16, 6:29 AM 1,273 views

Hello I'm configuring Odoo 8 but I have some trouble with Quantity On Hand.

When I make a warehouse movement or Inventory movement I see under Move Window the transaction correctly with the correct quantity, but the Moved Quants is always with quantity zero, so the on hand quantity of the product is always zero.

No errors is shown in the log... I can't understand te problem.

Best regards

Are you saying your are making internal trasnfers

Nilim
on 3/10/16, 3:03 AM

Or you are just updating inventory in your warehouse. Plz share screen shots if any

Nilim
on 3/10/16, 3:04 AM

Is your warehouse correctly configured ? For example if location isn't correctly "related" to the warehouse it will not work.

Parent / Child
Stock / your location
Dr Obx
on 3/10/16, 5:07 AM

How can share a screen ?

Fabio Canella
on 3/11/16, 8:42 AM

You can take static screen shots of the steps you have performed by using extensions present on ur browser( Extension like Lightshot or awesome screen shots). If you don't have these extensions plz add them on your browser and you can share screen shots

Nilim
on 3/11/16, 8:50 AM

I can't edit my post or post a new answer with some images (error 403 forbidden)

Fabio Canella
on 3/11/16, 9:46 AM
Fabio Canella
On 4/2/16, 12:15 PM

Finally I found the problem ! 

I don't know why but the rounding field of the uom Units have to be set to 0,001 !? In my database was 0 (I never changed it !).

I don't understand why this field have to be set to 0,001... I suspect that is a "workaround" due a not well made programming style.

Thank you for your support 

Nilim
On 3/11/16, 9:55 AM

Hi,

Ok. As per me what i understand from your issue is that, might the Stock module has not been installed properly as there might happened some server issues during installation process or any other technical fault during module installation. My recommendation would be that, kindly uninstall your previously installed module and perform afresh installation of the stock module.

Reasons behind recommending you to reinstall the Stock module is because there have been instances which we have faced in real time that quantities are not updated when module installation was not proper 

Hi Nilim I've tried to uninstall stock and then reinstall the stock module in a test environment with che real database but the problem still exists. I also tried to install a clean database in the same server, with the same warehouse configuration and all is ok, the quantity is managed correctly in the clean database. But I have to solve the problem in the database with the real data... so I'm thinking to debug the code... can you suggest me please what is the class/method where is chosen how manage the quants quantity ? Best regards

Fabio Canella
on 3/16/16, 10:57 AM

I see that in the table stock_move, the product_uom_qty is correct but the product_qty is always zero... this could be the origin of the problem ?

Fabio Canella
on 3/18/16, 10:39 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/9/16, 6:29 AM
Seen: 1273 times
Last updated: 12/8/16, 9:02 AM