This question has been flagged

I have odoo setup on AWS fargate containerized and filestore stored in AWS EFS and RDS Aurora PostgreSQL with multi AZ setup and everything is working fine with cluster endpoint of AWS postgresql. there are two endpoints when we use Multi-AZ setup one is Writer which is master and another is Reader. 

For example: 
Writer endpoint: write .cluster-abc.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com 
Reader endpoint: 
reader.
.cluster-ro-abc.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com

My running odoo containers pointing to writer endpoint and let say the website is erp.abc.com but I want to create another website like report.abc.com and this odoo container should point to my reader endpoint which is a read replica of my master postgresql.

Getting below exception and containers are not coming up. 

ERROR: cannot execute INSERT in a read-only transaction

does anyone have any idea why this exception coming or how to start odoo service with read replica of the database? Odoo Version :13

dFeatured snippet from th

Discard
Best Answer

If you are splitting the read/write queries to replicas, you need to guarantee strong data consistency. Else, Odoo will output errors. You may want to try out the Heimdall Proxy on the AWS Marketplace. It was specifically designed for Odoo applications to support 1) Strong consistency and 2) Queries in transactions. The Heimdall Proxy can support:

• Automated Query caching

• Read/Write splitting with ACID compliance

• Connection Pooling

We have seen cache hit rates of over 90% with Odoo applications.

Discard

Really? Nice. We need to try it out with our database!