This question has been flagged
15 Replies

I just found out that the accounting app (in vers.10) is no longer available in version 12.

This is very disappointing and makes odoo for companies which are  looking for an integrated open source system unuseable. Is there an initiative to get back the accounting app in the CE version ?

If not Odoo has lost our company and we will change to an other open ERP (e.g. metasfresh) which is supporting accounting features.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,
From the Odoo12 the accounting functionalities such as Budget, Assets and Accounting Reports Removed

For the Accounting Report, you can check this: Accounting Reports Odoo 12 Community Edition

Module: Odoo 12 Accounting Reports

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Yenthe,

Thank you for your reply. 

The options are unfortunately not satisfying.

The decision to remove the accounting part makes odoo much less attractive and will lead in the end to a significant reduced community.

In the light of this I had now to make the decision to change to another ERP system.

There are a couple of open source products (e.g. idempiere, metasfresh), which support accounting in the ce version and which are also providing in the basic version an Austrian chart of accounts.

I wish odoo with their strategy good luck for the future.

Regards,

Franz

Discard

Good decision, you can change to SAP. We will miss you.

Best Answer

Hi Franz,

The accounting app indeed got removed in Odoo V11 and after. It has moved from the community version to the enterprise version along with some other accounting related apps.
There is no plan from Odoo S.A. to move those enterprise features back to the community version so I doubt this will change anytime soon. You could look at OCA (the Odoo Community Assiocation) which has a lot of open source apps to fill up these kind of gaps. For example at https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools you can find quite some accounting apps.
You could also choose to stay in your current version 10 for a while longer and don't upgrade I guess.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard

I am in the same situation. Wanting to move from V 8 to V12 Odoo. It really seems, at first view, that the easiest path might even be putting a QuickBooks connector to Odoo. I think that "Enterprisation" that Odoo did was extremely distasteful.

From what I have read you can implement nearly everything needed within OCA Modules. I understand that you will end up with a Header called "Account" rather than "Accounting" and there is likely a lot of good extra there as well. This thread is a few years old now and I know many many modules have been brought forward.

I do think an Easy Open Upgrade from V8 to V10 to V12 to V14 would be ideal from a managment perspective. I am a bit held back thinking I have a 4 or 6 version upgrade to complete (but that is off topic from the Accounting subject addressed here).

Best Answer

Some accounting functionality is available in Community Edition, but is "hidden" within the Invoicing app.  You can enable it on a user profile by selecting "Show Full Accounting Features” under "Technical Settings" (have to be in debug mode).  It doesn't have all the functionality that is in Enterprise, but it is there.   And do check out the OCA apps.

Discard

Hi @Chris,

Even in debug mode I cannot find this "Show Full Accounting Features" on Invoicing configuration. Can you please help?

It's on the User Profile under "Technical Features". It would be too easy if it was on the Invoicing configuration :-)

Best Answer

Flectra?

Discard
Best Answer

We move back to Aspel because of this and the really bad customer support they have, Odoo is no longer profitable and CE is useless now without all the apps they took off.

Discard

"Odoo is no longer profitable" - where did you hear such a thing? Should I be worried? We just had some very impressive growth and revenue numbers presented to us by the Director, so I'd love the scoop on your source.... ;)

I am sure the meaning there was "Odoo is no longer profitable" to pursue implementation with. It is an international world and meanings are often mis-understood. It is bad to neuter elements that were integrated into platforms in the past, he is correct about that. I am just pinging away at a sample install and the number of "upgrade" buttons there in the Apps area is relatively annoying. I just want to see the system running. A simple filter for "CE" Apps would be a good place to start.

Best Answer

All i require is the GL, TB, BL, PL reports. I have set the full accounting feature but these reports are not there. Is there something i am missing? Where can i get these. I dont want to move away from Odoo but how will i do my accounting reporting. Our requirement is sophicated accounting. How are other overcoming the accounting app issue on Odoo

Discard
Best Answer

It seems the OCA modules are not yet available on v12.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Franz, I agree your dissatisfaction regarding Odoo12 financial report. I also faced this same issue while we requested to run report. Please refer this OCA module for odoo 12 it may be helpful for you.

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/skit_account_reports/

Thanks,

Dhivya.

Discard