Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

multiple chart of accounts

Pia Scallan
on 3/28/13, 3:48 AM 3,023 views

How do I set up multiple companies each with their own Chart of accounts '?'

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 3/28/13, 5:43 AM

You must have the multi-company module installed.

Then, go to Settings > Companies and create several companies.
Then, go to Accounting > Configuration > Accounts > Accounts and the field "Company" on each account will allow you to maintain independent charts of accounts for each company.

Thanks. Is the Multi-Company module available on the SAAS edition?

Pia Scallan
on 3/28/13, 1:46 PM

Yes, it is.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 3/28/13, 11:42 PM

is it possible to create multiple chart of account under a company? "My scenario is that there are lot of projects under a company which have their own budgets (purchase,expense & salaries), i want to manage the general ledger of each project separtely" please provide me solution according to my scenario which is suitable for this. Thanks

on 12/11/13, 12:11 AM

Waqar, yes it's possible. You should use analytic accounts for that.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 12/11/13, 12:27 PM

Thanks Fabrice Henrion! will you suggest analytic accounts if i say that each project is independed and also independed from company budget? through analytic account i can get general ledger report of each project separtely?

on 12/13/13, 1:05 AM

Considering you can organize your analytic accounts the way you want and create reports based on them the same way you create reports on regular accounts. Yes, it's possible.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 12/13/13, 3:56 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/28/13, 3:48 AM
Seen: 3023 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM