Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to disable installation of module or module group in the Odoo 8.0 server instance using some configuration?

on 5/23/15, 6:24 AM 703 views

How to achieve using existing settings/configurations of Odoo server v8 one of the following:

• disable installation of or blacklist particular module in the server instance (so it can NOT be installed in any database through this server instance using UI)

• disable installation or blacklist group of modules by type, say disable installation of community modules

• disable installation or blacklist modules by category, lets say disable installation of modules of "Project" category or "Sales" category

• inverse of above listed, enable installation only for some group or type or listed modules

any tips?

You could create an automated action for write on model ir.module... When a user click on install, a write is done with status "to_install" via function state_update... There you can check if it is allowed or not according your own conditions... Or add you custom code in function button_install_immediate... Do it in a module depends 'base' with mode auto install so it will be installed on each database automatically at creation... Just a tips, a better solution probably exists...

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 5/23/15, 1:57 PM

Thanks for reply @Jérémy, useful tips. but they require me to be involved in development of this feature for me in some level, if I want to have it... however, I think Odoo should deliver such setting out of the box. It should be possible to setup this somewhere in settings or somehow, is it? that's my question.

on 5/25/15, 4:28 AM

one more option by @Jérémy:

I dont know the impact but you can maybe try to do it with access rule removing the read access on some ir module... (Eg: ir module with name like website% is installable (writable) only by new group settings_website) But even if it works... that will be an hard configuration ...

on 5/25/15, 6:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 5/23/15, 6:24 AM
Seen: 703 times
Last updated: 10/9/15, 11:14 AM