This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

I just installed odoo 8 on my pc, I've create a database and I want to log in again with the database that I've create. But I found an error like this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

why did this happen? is there anyone that can help me solve this?
please help
thank you

Discard

You want to check the server log to see if there is any error. Or if the server is up and running.

Author Best Answer

@ivan : ok, I will check this.

@ludo : I install odoo 8 from github, I use the OS is ubuntu 14:04
I do not know if there is a process that runs in the background or not, can you tell me how to check?

Discard

To check whether the process is running do this in terminal: ps aux | grep openerp. See if there are lines other than grep itself.

Author

okay I will try

Alternatively, you can install the program "htop" from command line. It is very user-friendly, especially if you are not quite familiar with linux. Search for OpenERP like Ivan mentioned and close it down. Try to restart the deamon (if you work with one) or start the server command line. This should provide some output as to where it stops.

Best Answer

What version did you install and how? From github or the one-installer thing? Have you got a log?

Also, is the process running in the background? What OS are you using?

Discard