Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[v8] I get an error creating a new database - how can I fix this?

By
gunnar
on 9/28/14, 3:36 AM 1,713 views

I want to set up a new database with odoo-8 by using the "manage database" function in the webbrowser. I get this "internal Server Error":

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

actually it looks like the database has been created to some extent because when I go to "drop database" I can see it is listed and I can drop it (using my master password). Also I can duplicate my existing test db and log in to it without any problem. Therefore I would rule out the server bein overloadad

any idea how to fix this?

I think the reason the server will give an error, because you created an extra database. Now the server doesn't know which one it should use for the web part, and throws an error. I think you would be able to set the database in the configuration file of the server, but I haven't tried for myself yet.

Martin Temmink
on 9/29/14, 4:27 AM

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 9/29/14, 4:38 AM

I think you should post more error log to broaden the context. If the log contains something like "no module auth_crypt" because fail to load passlib, then you should install passlib module. To install this module via pip you can run the following command.

> pip install passlib

Edit: to mentions that by default odoo 8 use auth_crypt, finally odoo respect more security (including privacy).

great, that was it! The error actually is: "Couldn't load module auth_crypt". After your recommended "pip install passlib" I can create a new database. Thanks

gunnar
on 9/29/14, 6:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/28/14, 3:36 AM
Seen: 1713 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM