This question has been flagged
4 Replies

how to install custom module of my team member in odoo 12

Discard
sorry i have asked the question in the answer field
I want to know how to add the custom module in server

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 2:40 PM Yenthe Van Ginneken <yenthespam@gmail.com> wrote:

A new answer on installing custom module has been posted. Click here to access the post :

See post

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

Thanku Yenthe., I am a beginner in odoo and i dont know how to add custom module in odoo server. Can u pls help me to recover my problem?

How to create and install Modules in Odoo: https://goo.gl/cgJZr7

Best Answer

Hi Anjali,

You first have to add the custom module on your Odoo server. If it is on your server you have to add the path to the module in your Odoo configuration file (under /etc/ and usually named odoo-server.conf). If the module path is loaded in the configuration file you will need to restart Odoo.
Finally go to Apps and click on "Update Apps List". When you've updated the apps list you can search for the app from your team member and install it.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Best Answer

Hello @Anjali,

First, you  have to add you custom module to your path where you usually put your custom modules.

then you have to load you custom modules along with your addons.

Example: your odoo addons is located to this path->/home/odoo/workspace/odoo-12.0

your custom module is located to this path -> /home/odoo/odoo_modules

So now you have to made a command to run custom modules along with odoo addons like this:

python3 odoo-bin --addons-path=/home/odoo/odoo_modules/,/home/odoo/odoo_modules 

Note:You can also made .sh file to store this path.

After this you can enable developer mode and update your app list with

"Apps" ->"Update Apps List"

When you've updated the apps list you can search for that custom app and install it.

Discard