Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Can anyone please help me in uploading customized odoo modules ubuntu server. I am customizing odoo modules accoridng to the user requirement. Now i need to upload it to the ubuntu server so that the user can access it remotely. Pleas help me soon.
Thanks in advance.
You should create a custom addons directory, specify the path in the openerp-server.conf file and then upload your custom modules to this addon directory. Use the same permissions as in the original Odoo addons folder.
After that login to Odoo as admin, activate "Technical Features" or the "Developer mode" (Version 9.0), go to the Apps menu, update the module list and then you should see your custom modules in the app list. Install the apps you wish to install.
Beginner's instruction for Version 9.0:
- carefully study the available official documentation and additional sources (https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/ and https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/)
- Ubuntu: please use a longterm stable release such as 16.04.1 LTS
- as a beginner I recommend to use the package installer of Odoo, "Deb" version, see http://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/setup/install.html#packaged-installers
- when using the package installer, you'll find the openerp-server.conf file at /etc/odoo/openerp-server.conf
- adding addons paths see https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/custom-modules-folder-path-29358, just add a comma and your custom path (without leading space)
- Activating the developer mode in 9.0 (Enterprise and Community): https://www.odoo.com/forum/how-to/developers-13/how-can-i-activate-the-developer-mode-83
- Apps menu with developer mode activated: http://i1.wp.com/pulse7.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/odoo-9.png
General advise: Google is your best friend :-)
Please use the mailing lists (www.odoo.com/groups) and the Help-Forum for further help.
Hope this helps you to get started.
First you should log in to the server from your local system through terminal via ssh command.Then create custom addons directory in server.Use the same permissions as in the original Odoo addons folder.Now move the custom modules to server from local using scp terminal command and Check if the owner , group for the custom addons directory and custom modules is same as the original odoo addons. Now include the custom addons path in .conf file
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/2/16, 2:49 AM|
|Seen: 549 times|
|Last updated: 11/2/16, 5:49 AM|