Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to show the details of a selected One2Many line?

By
Emad
on 4/27/15, 5:23 AM 523 views

Hi,

I have a form with a One2Many tree. Whenever I select a line in the tree I want to display its details below the tree not in a popup form - something like master details view- .

If I made the tree 'non editable' then a popup will be shown which is not the required behavior!

If I made the tree 'editable' then I can't find a way to trigger the selection of a tree line!.

Your help is appreciated,

Regards, 

Michael Pol
On 4/27/15, 7:33 AM

You should use onchange function. When you are referring below the tree, does it mean below the one2many field or new line in tree view?

Using onchange function you can achieve, you should know what you have to return.

Emad
On 4/27/15, 6:47 AM

Thank you Atchuthan, 

But this is is not the required behavior. Let me say it in another way:

If I select a line in the One2Many tree widget I need to perform some action and display some data below the tree  based on the selected line. Then when I select another line update the result below the tree.

Regards,  

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 3 8
Puducherry, India
--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
Passionate coder in Python/Odoo(formerly known as OpenERP).

Contact me via GMail: atchuthantu@gmail.com via Skype: atchuthan_skype
via Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/atchuthantu
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 4/27/15, 6:20 AM

In tree view, if you add editable="bottom", it will make the tree view as default and editable instead of using FORM view.

<tree string="YOUR STRING" editable="bottom">
</tree>

You can check sale module as a reference https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/sale/sale_view.xml#L164-L185

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/27/15, 5:23 AM
Seen: 523 times
Last updated: 4/27/15, 7:33 AM