--Mitul Shingala--
| 6 4 9
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
--Mitul Shingala--

Odoo Developer

Mitul Shingala India
1/29/19, 2:09 AM

hello,

using different xmlrpc-port you can run multiple odoo instance together.
for eg. 

v10 :   ./odoo-bin --addons-path=<addons-path> -d <database_name> --xmlrpc-port=8069

v12 :   ./odoo-bin --addons-path=<addons-path> -d <database_name> --xmlrpc-port=9000

so using --xmlrpc-port you can do it. also you can use --xmlrpc-port into the your odoo service file.

2 Comments
Mian Kamran Pakistan
1/29/19, 2:13 AM

and what about the python versions?

Mitul Shingala India
1/29/19, 2:19 AM

by default odoo 10 run with python2.7 and odoo 12 run with python3

La Jayuhni Yarsyah Indonesia
1/29/19, 3:17 AM

I had a production server that run multiple odoo instance (odoo10, odoo11 and odoo12) and its no problem at all

Just only by simple configuration:

1. Don't use same port for xmlrpc_port and longpolling_port, you can configure it on config file

2. I use python virtual environtment some each instance, because odoo10  use python2 and odoo 11 and 12 using python 3.

3. I create different user of postgresql on each version ,for example for user on odoo10 instance i create "odoo10pgusr",, for odoo11 instance i create "odoo11pgusr" and for odoo12, i create "odoo12pgusr"

Hope will done your problem.
    Regards..

Yenthe Van Ginneken Belgium

--Yenthe Van Ginneken--
| 10 9 12
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe Van Ginneken--

Yenthe Van Ginneken Belgium
1/29/19, 1:56 AM

Hi Mian,

You can just install two Odoo instances next to eachother. As long as they're in separate folders and both run on their own Python versions you'll be fine. It is advised to run the two Odoo instances on different Linux users for security and transparency.
If you'd like I have an installation script that you can use to install multiple Odoo instances on one server, I use it all the time. See https://github.com/Yenthe666/InstallScript

Regards,
Yenthe

8 Comments
Mian Kamran Pakistan
1/29/19, 2:06 AM

Thanks yenthe. Of course I am going to use your script but here is a question. Using this script can I specify the folder where I want to install odoo and when I will be done installing what will differentiate between the two version when i want to start there services through terminal like I can differentiate between port and folder but what about the python version?

Oocademy, Yenthe Van Ginneken Belgium
1/29/19, 2:18 AM

This is all configurable in my script. When you change the directory for the Odoo instance, the XML-RPC port and the user it'll work fine out of the box. My script will handle the Python version that it uses depending on the Odoo version you install. The service name is built depending on the parameters too so you'll have unique service names :)

Mian Kamran Pakistan
1/29/19, 3:02 AM

Hi yenthe, I have installed your script its not working. Odoo 10 is working perfectly. When i saw the logs its throwing these errors:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 270, in run_wsgi

execute(self.server.app)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/werkzeug/serving.py", line 258, in execute

application_iter = app(environ, start_response)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/service/server.py", line 350, in app

return self.app(e, s)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/service/wsgi_server.py", line 128, in application

return application_unproxied(environ, start_response)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/service/wsgi_server.py", line 117, in application_unproxied

result = odoo.http.root(environ, start_response)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/http.py", line 1318, in __call__

return self.dispatch(environ, start_response)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/http.py", line 1469, in dispatch

odoo.registry(db).check_signaling()

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/__init__.py", line 81, in registry

return modules.registry.Registry(database_name)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/registry.py", line 62, in __new__

return cls.new(db_name)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/registry.py", line 86, in new

odoo.modules.load_modules(registry._db, force_demo, status, update_module)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/loading.py", line 424, in load_modules

registry.setup_models(cr)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/registry.py", line 264, in setup_models

model._setup_base()

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/models.py", line 2579, in _setup_base

self.env['ir.model.fields']._add_manual_fields(self)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_model.py", line 940, in _add_manual_fields

field = self._instanciate(field_data)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_model.py", line 931, in _instanciate

attrs = self._instanciate_attrs(field_data)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/addons/mail/models/ir_model.py", line 70, in _instanciate_attrs

attrs = super(IrModelField, self)._instanciate_attrs(field_data)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/addons/base/models/ir_model.py", line 886, in _instanciate_attrs

'copy': bool(field_data['copied']),

KeyError: 'copied' - - -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/registry.py", line 60, in __new__

return cls.registries[db_name]

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/tools/func.py", line 69, in wrapper

return func(self, *args, **kwargs)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/tools/lru.py", line 44, in __getitem__

a = self.d[obj].me

KeyError: 'GasandOil'

------------------------------------------------------

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IF YOU HELP ME MAKE IT RUNNING.

Mian Kamran Pakistan
1/29/19, 3:06 AM

HERE ARE SOME MORE ERRORS ON THE TOP RIGHT AFTER THE SERVER STARTS

-------------------------------------------------------------------

/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py:144: UserWarning: The psycopg2 wheel package will be renamed from release 2.8; in order to keep installing from binary please use "pip install psycopg2-binary" instead. For details see: <http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/install.html#binary-install-from-pypi>.

""")

/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/requests-2.21.0-py3.5.egg/requests/__init__.py:91: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.24.1) or chardet (2.3.0) doesn't match a supported version!

RequestsDependencyWarning)

------------------------------------------------------------

AND

------------------------------------------------------------

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/service/server.py", line 989, in load_server_wide_modules

odoo.modules.module.load_openerp_module(m)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/module.py", line 368, in load_openerp_module

__import__('odoo.addons.' + module_name)

File "/kamran/kamran-server/odoo/modules/module.py", line 61, in load_module

f, path, (_suffix, _mode, type_) = imp.find_module(addon_name, ad_paths)

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/imp.py", line 296, in find_module

raise ImportError(_ERR_MSG.format(name), name=name)

ImportError: No module named 'web_kanban'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1/31/19, 5:37 AM

Hi, as answered on the Github topic you install multiple Odoo instances with the same system & postgreSQL user, resulting in all these errors.

Mian Kamran Pakistan
1/31/19, 5:43 AM

Now how to uninstall the script?

Jorge Spain
5/8/19, 10:31 AM

Hi Yenthe, Is there any posibilty for be in contact you through email? I have a little question about your odoo installation script!!

5/14/19, 7:58 AM

Feel free to reach out on Github or Twitter ;)

Ask a Question
Writer
Tags
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now