Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to pay HR Expense payment??

By
Tim
on 3/26/15, 9:49 PM 1,207 views

I installed the HR Expense module to track general supplies such as office equipment (printer, papers, tools...etc). I applied myself as an employee in the HR module since I'm running my small business by myself with no employees. After I click the "Generate Accounting Entries" button, the state is moved to "Waiting Payment". This state just sits there forever. There is nowhere I can pay it. Nothing is shown in Customer Invoices or Supplier Invoices. There is NO manual with instruction on how this module works. This is for Odoo, not OpenERP 7.

Someone reported similar issue at https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-pay-hr-expense-50040, but it's not solved yet.

How can I make a payment in HR Expense module?

Without any receipt or invoice you will not able to make payment, If you want to make payment than make sure you also using account module as well. If you already installed account module than you either create supplier invoice for that expenses or create purchase receipt to make payment for that expenses.

Anil R. Kesariya
on 3/27/15, 10:48 PM

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
-
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 3/27/15, 2:20 AM

Hello Tim,

For the Expense you can create purchase receipt for your general HR expense and you can make payment for that receipts.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Anil.

Tim
On 3/28/15, 12:30 AM

Thanks for your help. Now I realize that the HR Expense module is actually working but its linkage between payment and invoice is not obvious. It's kind of weird how they design it. Also the field with label "Supplier" in the "Supplier Payments" module will show all customers including the employees in the HR Expense module, not just the suppliers. That was why I couldn't figure out how this this module work. The label "Supplier" in the supplier payments form should be changed to Customer/Supplier or something like that.

Odoo really needs to develop an user manual/guide for Odoo V8, (NOT OpenERP v7 as it's terrible!) for everyone who uses Odoo. Once this manual is developed, this help forum will have much less questions and confusions and users will be much happier. Believe me, the manual is critical to the success of Odoo!

My mistake, this article at https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-pay-hr-expense-50040 is actually working. You just have to make sure the employee is linked to a customer/supplier in the system (not sure which field is the linkage, "Related User", "Working Address", or "Home Address" in the Employees form). Now the HR Expense state is moved to "Paid" state, finally!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/15, 9:49 PM
Seen: 1207 times
Last updated: 4/1/15, 2:30 AM