Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to move openerp from one server to another?

By
Mohit Madan
on 6/13/14, 1:08 AM 7,059 views

Hi,

we are in a bit of a situation here. We have an openerp 7 system on ubuntu but unfortuanely someone has installed rootkit on the server(IptabLex) on the server hence we need to move openerp to a different machine. 

Moving database is easy but how do I move the files?

any KB/tut available?

I look forward to your kind reply.

regards

@Atul, can you please tell me where are these addons located? I can simply zip the addon folder and wget it on the new server and extract it, right? I look forward to your kind reply.

Mohit Madan
on 6/13/14, 2:38 AM

Atul Kumar jain

--Atul Kumar jain--
| 5 3 7
Indore, India
--Atul Kumar jain--

Atul Kumar jain
On 6/13/14, 1:58 AM

first move your addons (you can copy your openerp server directory to the another machine  )

then take take the backup from openerp or you can also take from postgresql

then restore it another machine through openerp or you can also restore it using postgresql

Antonio M. Vigliotti
On 6/13/14, 4:30 AM

First you have to backup database, using postgresql tools. Postgresql and python must be present on destination server, and this means all dependecies, like wkhtmltopdf

Both servers must be the same directory tree. You must know OpenERP directory

Look at vim /etc/openerp-server.conf a find addons_path

You have to backup all directories of addons and restore them on destination server

I am afraid, at last, you should run setup.py install.

It is not simple.

senthil
On 6/13/14, 1:39 AM

Take Dump of your db and install openerp on new server (along with ur modules) then restore the dump database in the new server

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/13/14, 1:08 AM
Seen: 7059 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM