This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi,

we are in a bit of a situation here. We have an openerp 7 system on ubuntu but unfortuanely someone has installed rootkit on the server(IptabLex) on the server hence we need to move openerp to a different machine. 

Moving database is easy but how do I move the files?

any KB/tut available?

I look forward to your kind reply.

regards

Discard
Author

@Atul, can you please tell me where are these addons located? I can simply zip the addon folder and wget it on the new server and extract it, right? I look forward to your kind reply.

Best Answer

first move your addons (you can copy your openerp server directory to the another machine  )

then take take the backup from openerp or you can also take from postgresql

then restore it another machine through openerp or you can also restore it using postgresql

Discard
Best Answer

Our RAID 5 crushed due to an improper swap. So now I have to run Odoo on a windows machine as we wait for data recovery. The server was running on Ubuntu server 16.04.

I do daily backups on the web interface and have been trying to restore my latest backup.

I installed the same version of odoo on Windows (Odoo 10 enterprise) and tried to restore said database using the web interface but keep getting  "Database restore error:". The logs are not very useful on this one.

I went ahead to unzip the backup file. Managed to run psql to restore the dump.sql file via pgAdmin III to a newly created blank database. Copied the filestore folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 10.0e\server\odoo because I am not sure where that is supposed to go and ignored manifest.json

I still get the dreaded 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

How can I go about this? What am I missing?

Discard
Best Answer

Take Dump of your db and install openerp on new server (along with ur modules) then restore the dump database in the new server

Discard
Best Answer

First you have to backup database, using postgresql tools. Postgresql and python must be present on destination server, and this means all dependecies, like wkhtmltopdf

Both servers must be the same directory tree. You must know OpenERP directory

Look at vim /etc/openerp-server.conf a find addons_path

You have to backup all directories of addons and restore them on destination server

I am afraid, at last, you should run setup.py install.

It is not simple.

Discard